MH CET Law Reservation Policy 2021 - State Common Entrance Test (CET) Cell announces the reservation policy of MH CET law through the admission notifications for 3-year LLB and 5-year LLB. The reservation policy of MH CET law informs about the distribution of seats across the categories and rules of seat allocation in government as well as private universities participating in the admission process.
Latest Updates for MHCET Law
MHCET law 2021 Exam Date Announced; to be conducted on September 16. To check details - Click HereRead MH CET law preparation tips - Check Here ; Solve sample papers to improve problem-solving skills - Download here
MH CET law 2021 application form for 3-year LLB is OPEN; to apply - Click HERE ; To apply for 5-year LLB - Click Here To find out if you are eligible - Click Here
Stay up-to date with MHCET Law NewsGet Updates
Every year, more than 70,000 candidates apply for MH CET Law. These include both Maharashtra state candidates and all India candidates.
All India candidates applying for MH CET law 2021 are treated under the open category hence, no seats are specifically reserved for such candidates irrespective of their social caste status.
However, many Maharashtra domiciled candidates also find themselves in the open category irrespective of their caste status due to various reasons. Not having the category benefits thus affects their chances of admission to desired colleges. Hence, it is important to have a prior understanding of MH CET law reservation policy.
For all India candidates, the MH CET law 2021 reservation policy would help understand the number and type of seats available under their category. Furthermore, the seat allocation in various participating law colleges and universities is also carried out in a predetermined method under which all India category candidates are eligible for 10-15% of total seats.
Number of seats offered
Number of applicants last year
Popular Law Entrance Exam:
The reservation for backward classes is offered only to the candidates belonging to the Maharashtra state only. The social categories considered for reservation include SC, ST, OBC, EWS and Notified Tribes. The details of the reservation are given below.
Category of Reservation
Percentage of Seats Reserved
Scheduled Castes and Schedule Caste converted to Buddhism (SC)
Schedule Tribes (ST)
Vimukta Jati (VJ)/ De Notified Tribes (DT) (NT-A)
Nomadic Tribes 1 (NT-B)
Nomadic Tribes 2 (NT-C)
Nomadic Tribes 3 (NT-D)
Other Backward Classes (OBC)
To avail of the benefits of the caste reservation, the candidates will have to upload their caste certificate, Caste/Tribe validity certificate while filling the online application form for CAP (MH CET law counselling). Such candidates will also be required to produce their documents at the time of verification in the allotted college.
Candidates holding caste/category certificate from any other state will be considered under the open category.
Candidates belonging to the Defense Service Personnel category will be offered 5% seats within the sanctioned intake of an institute of MS quota. The Defense Service Personal category will include the following candidates.
Children of Ex-service personnel who are domiciled in Maharashtra State (Def-1),
Children of Active Service Personnel who are Domiciled in Maharashtra State (Def-2),
Children of the Active Service Personnel (Def-3) who are transferred to Maharashtra State but are not Domiciled in Maharashtra State,
Children of Active Service Personnel (Def-3) who are not domiciled in Maharashtra State but their families are stationed in Maharashtra, such candidate should have appeared and passed the Graduation/ Post Graduation/ Qualifying examination from a school/college situated in the State of Maharashtra.
Browse Law Collages by Location:
The State CET Cell conducts the Centralized Admission Process candidates belonging to MS and OMS, OCI/NRI and J&K categories. However, it is pertinent to note that around 80% of seats will be filled under MS candidates. The remaining 20% of seats are filled under All India category (OMS), foreign (NRI/OCI/PIO) category and minority category. The detailed breakup of seats are given below.
Type of Institution
No. Of Seats- As % of sanctioned Intake
*Quota for NRI, OCI, PIO,
Government Aided Institution
Government Aided Minority Institution
Department/Course (Government Aided)
Type Of Institute
No. of Seats- as % of Sanctioned Intake
Institute Level Seats
Maharashtra State (M.S.) Candidates
Institute Level Seats
Quota for NRI, OCI, PIO,
Anudanit) Minority Institution
100% of M.S. Seats $
Top Law University in India:
|MIT WPU||Chandigarh University|