NEET Full Form 2022 - What is NEET?

NEET Full Form 2022 - What is NEET?

NEET Full Form: The full form of NEET is the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test conducted for granting admission in medical UG seats of India. The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test- full form of NEET 2022 on the exam date, in pen and paper mode. The NEET 2022 exam was conducted for admission to 91,415 MBBS, 26,949 BDS, 52,720 AYUSH, 525 BVSc, and AH seats.

For better medical and dental education in India, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) introduced a single entrance examination namely the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test - full form of NEET. Through NEET-UG exam scores, counselling to 15% All India counselling quota seats conducted by Medical Counseling Committee (MCC), on the other hand, counselling for 85% state admissions and private institutes. organized following by respective state admission committees.

The NEET 2022 counselling will be conducted by MCC for admission to all seats in Deemed and Central Universities, ESIC & AFMC institutes. This is the only examination that fills All India Quota Seats as well as State level quota seats. Read an article on NEET exam full form 2022 for more information on history, objectives, eligibility, latest events, paper pattern, seats, and more here.

What is NEET Exam 2022 - Why it was introduced?

The NEET-UG full form is the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Undergraduate. NEET full form exam is mainly conducted to fill medical and dental seats in all medical colleges of India. To check a comprehensive state-wise list of the total MBBS and BDS seats in colleges across India, segregated as per categories, type of college- government, private, central, etc, candidates can click here.

The primary objective of the NEET exam is to streamline the admission process in MBBS and BDS courses. Therefore, NEET full form exam was introduced in order to replace several medical examinations all over the country including AIPMT (All India Pre-Medical Test, National Eligibility cum Entrance Test was introduced by CBSE and the Medical Council of India (MCI). Earlier, medical students had to fill different forms for different medical entrance exams in India.

NEET full form - Know the exam history

NTA NEET full form - National Eligibility cum Entrance Test exam was first proposed to take place from the year 2012 onwards. However, for various reasons, it was postponed for a year by CBSE and the Medical Council of India. It was May 5, 2013, when the NEET exam was set to be held for the first time across the country for aspirants seeking admission for both undergraduate and postgraduate medicine. It was the first-ever medical examination where over 10 lakhs students had registered. On July 18 2013, the Supreme Court gave the decision in support of 115 petitions and cancelled the NEET exam and announced that MCI could not interfere with the admission process done by colleges.

Numerous states including Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Gujarat, West Bengal and Tamil Nadu strongly denied the exam stating that there was a huge variation in the syllabus. Therefore, the NEET exam was declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court of India in the year 2012. However, it was returned on April 11, 2016.

NEET 2022 Eligibility Criteria by NTA

NEET exam full form - The National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test will be conducted in pen and paper mode. As per the authorities, there are some mandatory parameters that an aspirant must fulfil in order to be able to appear in the NEET full form National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. Let’s find out what are those parameters are:

  • Candidates must be a citizen of India.

  • Aspirant age must be at least 17 years as or on December 31, 2022, of the year of admission.

  • Candidate should have a class 12th graduate with an aggregate mark of 50% with subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually.

  • A little leverage has been given to candidates who belong to SC/ST/OBC category as the minimum marks required to obtain by them Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology opted together in HSC examination is 40% marks.

  • Since the decision on the upper age limit is pending the Supreme Court, all candidates are provisionally permitted to appear for the exam.

NEET 2022 Exam Events

  • Application Form: NTA will release the NEET UG 2022 application form at neet.nta.nic.in. In order to appear for the entrance exam, the application form must be filled and successfully submitted before the last-mentioned date.

  • Release of the admit card: After the registration process, it’s the NEET admit card that a candidate must keep track on. As per the previous year's trends, NEET admit card 2022 will might live on the official website 15 days prior to the exam date. However, any confirmation on NEET 2022 admit card release date has not been announced yet.

  • Exam date as well as exam day guidelines: The NEET 2022 exam date releases along with the official notification, however, there are certain things that an aspirant must be aware of regarding the certain guidelines that ought to be followed. The guidelines are mentioned in detail in the article.

  • Answer Key: Right after the conclusion of the NEET full-form exam, aspirants are advised to keep tracking the official website for the unofficial answer key. The NEET official answer key 2022 will be released by the authority after a month of the exam.

  • Result date: The result of the NTA NEET exam will be declared by the authority online a month after the exam in the form of a scorecard.

Anatomy of NEET exam pattern

NEET full form anatomy addresses details such as exam, mode of paper, language, duration, question type, marking scheme, and more. Therefore, aspirants must check out the table mentioned below.

NEET Full-Form Exam Pattern

Factors in Exam Pattern

Details

Exam name

NEET

What is the full form of NEETThe full form of NEET is National Eligibility cum Entrance Test

Exam Date

To be announced

Exam Mode

Pen and Paper-based. (candidates are given an OMR sheet to mark the answers with a black or blue ballpoint pen)

Duration and time

3 hours 20 minutes (2:00 PM to 5:20 PM)

Language/Medium

English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya, Kannada and Urdu

Question Type

Multiple Choice Questions

NEET full form total Number of Questions

The number of total questions in the NEET 2022 exam is 200 but aspirants have to attempt only 180 questions.

Total Marks

720 Marks

Marking Scheme

4 marks for each correct answer

Minus 1 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer

0 mark for unanswered questions


NEET exam sections and total marks

SubjectsSectionsNo. of questionsSection-wise Marks
PhysicsSection A35140
Section B
1540
ChemistrySection A
35
140
Section B
15
40
BotanySection A
35
140
Section B
15
40
ZoologySection A
35
140
Section B
15
40
Total Marks720


NEET Counselling Process - Final Stage

After getting the scorecard of NEET 2022, candidates can go ahead with the NEET counseling registration which NTA conducts in three rounds. On the grounds of the marks scored by them in the exam, they will be allotted seats in those three rounds. This process goes on until all the government seats in NEET are filled. The admission to 15% All India Quota seats (AIQ) in government medical colleges will be done by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) along with Deemed/Central Universities, AFMS, and ESIC institutes. While remaining 85% state quota seats will be granted by respective state counselling bodies.

NEET Full-Form - Seats Intake

The basic category wise reservation for 15% AIQ is mentioned in the table, if a candidate wants to go into the details, we suggest them to check NEET 2022 reservation criteria.

Reservation criteria for 15% AIQ for full form of NEET

Category

Reservation

Scheduled Caste

15%

Scheduled Tribe

7.50%

Other Backward Castes

27%

Economically Weaker Section

10%

Persons with Disability (PwD)*

5%